November 23, 2009

Something to Be Thankful For... And A Thanksgiving Drinky Dessert to Celebrate!

I found out three days ago that I passed the California Bar Exam! That is only one of the many things I have to celebrate this Thanksgiving.

2009 has brought me a lot of experiences, good and bad. The good experiences are of the extraordinary, once-in-a-lifetime type. The bad experiences are equally memorable, and are just as noteworthy in terms of marking my learning and growth.

I am thankful for all of these gifts, welcome and unwelcome alike. I know that I would not be where I am or who I am without them.

In the spirit of celebration, and Food Network’s Sandra Lee, I have decided to designate a cocktail (slash dessert) for our Thanksgiving celebration! And, since I am not a huge pumpkin pie fan (oh the shame…), I think I would rather drink my dessert!



The Pumpkin Pie

1 part Kahlua
1 part spiced pumpkin pie filling
2 parts Malibu rum
4 parts light vanilla ice cream
4 ice cubes
Garnish with cinnamon

Put everything but the cinnamon in a blender and mix on high. Serve in graham-cracker crust highball glass with cinnamon sprinkled on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment